In this role you will provide legal interpretation in the form of research, analysis, and writing to support the development and maintenance of Thomson Reuters Legal information in all media. Members of this team are also tasked with ensuring that published legal information contains and delivers premium legal content.
About the Role:
In this opportunity as Attorney Editor you will:
- Legal Research, Analysis and Writing: Our Attorney Editors create and classify legal information in the form of headnotes, highlights, and other features and enhancements. You will also identify key legal issues in editorial materials while demonstrating competence in Westlaw navigation and on-line research tools.
- Editorial Responsibility: Members of this team adhere to editorial publishing schedules and quality standards. They also verify their own work and that of other staff as required for accuracy and completeness, and ensure that the information is properly presented and organized. In this role you will be required to maintain and develop legal knowledge and skills training as needed to complete your work and in order to stay current on legal trends and developments that are related to your editorial responsibilities.
- Individual and Leadership Development: As a part of a larger team, you will attend and participate in meetings and take part in the employee evaluation process (both wider feedback and self-evaluation). To be most effective at your job, you will develop knowledge of Thomson Reuters Legal publications and products related to your responsibilities, and those of competitors.
- Members of our team prioritize their own work and understand the roles and responsibilities of each collaborator/team member and how each role impacts production. You will also be required to demonstrate competence on company specific systems necessary to perform your job functions.
We have one team hiring Attorney Editors at our Minneapolis/St Paul campus (Eagan, MN) at this time:
- Cases Editorial: As a member of the Cases Editorial team, you will read and analyze court decisions and create and classify short summaries of each point of law in the decision for Westlaw and print. Strong analytical and writing skills, productivity, and quality are necessary to maintain our world class judicial content.
Youâ€™re a fit for the role of Attorney Editor if you have/are:
- J.D. degree from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- Self-starter with aptitude for legal research and writing
- Analytical thinker who uses logic and collaborates to solve difficult problems
- Decisive with a focus on making quality decisions quickly
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and communicate complex legal material.
- Comfortable with personal computers and familiar with word processing and online applications
- Can prioritize tasks and projects and pursue them with energy and drive
- Great teammate who will work successfully in a shared environment.
- Strong communicator who can speak and write clearly and effectively with all contacts, both in and outside Thomson Reuters.
We are hiring for these positions in our Minneapolis/St. Paul (Eagan), MN office only.
Whatâ€™s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Our Culture: You will have the opportunity to work for a company that has a market dominant position and is passionate about giving back to the community
- Learning & Development: You will be joining a team that has the commitment of the company to prioritize growth and has made investments to expand our capabilities. This includes paid CLE time for Attorney Editors
- Benefits: Extraordinary benefits package including health benefits, savings/investment plans, paid time off, and bar dues reimbursement
- Social Impact: Global volunteer network, organized virtual volunteer events, 2 paid volunteer workdays a year, company matching for personal charitable giving and fundraising
- Compensation: Base salary and a variable compensation that is directly related to your success
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, weâ€™ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the worldâ€™s most global news services â€“ Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.