PCPC is seeking a staff attorney to join its legal department. Successful candidates will be proactive, highly responsive, and have the ability to contribute effectively as a member of a team and collaborate across departments. The role further calls for strong advocacy skills, and the diplomacy/communication skills necessary to facilitate consensus among different positions.
- Drafts, edits and/or reviews contracts and agreements for the association
- Reviews state and federal legislation/regulation to assess the potential impact on industry
- Responds to requests from member companies for assistance on legal and regulatory issues
- Participates in internal and external meetings on behalf of the Legal Department
- Participates in planning and staffing an annual Legal & Regulatory Conference
- Represents the organization at industry and professional conferences, and giving presentations on legal/regulatory matters, as appropriate
- Acts as staff liaison to various committees and task forces
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree; JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 0-3 years of experience. Familiarity with the personal care products industry or FDA law is a plus, but not required.
- Computer Skills: MS Office, MS Teams
Certifications & Licenses
- Member of DC Bar
- Admitted to practice before the highest court of a state or the District of Columbia
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to grasp and translate technical issues into plain English.
- Oral advocacy experience and comfort speaking in varied settings, ranging from working groups to conferences.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel (COVID-permitting, estimated 10% of the time).
- Commitment to PCPC’s values and mission.
At the Personal Care Products Council (PCPC), we believe that every employee contributes to our success. We are committed to working together to create a more beautiful, sustainable and inclusive world. Diversity and inclusion are a central part of our culture and how we work at PCPC. We believe that attracting, developing and retaining employees and interns who reflect the diversity of our communities and our member companies is extremely important. PCPC and its member companies are whole-heartedly devoted to being positive agents for change toward a more just and equitable society.
PCPC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, District of Columbia, state, or local law.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity policy covers all employment practices, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a supportive working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with skills and experience. The salary ranging from $90k to $103k.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of resumes, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please no faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. PCPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, or if you are a person with a disability and you need assistance applying online, please reach out to HR Director by 1-202-454-0303.
For further information about PCPC, please visit personalcarecouncil.org
NOTE: Since March 2020, PCPC’s physical offices have been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Until circumstances allow us to re-open our offices, we will continue to support staff with remote working arrangements.