APPLY HERE: https://jobs.newmont.com/job/Denver-Intern-Legal-CO-80002/734875500/
Intern – Legal
Date: Apr 19, 2021
Denver, CO, US (United States)
Founded in 1921 and publicly traded since 1925, Newmont (www.newmont.com) is one of the largest gold companies in the world. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, the company has approximately 24,000 employees and contractors, with the majority working at Newmont’s core operations in the United States, Australia, Ghana, Peru and Suriname. Newmont is the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index and in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through high standards in environmental management, health and safety for its employees and creating value and opportunity for host communities and shareholders.
About this Role
Intern – Law Student – Legal Department – Internship Job Description for Summer 2021
The summer intern position begins in May 2021 and concludes in August 2021. The exact dates are flexible depending on each student’s availability and our business need. Our internships are paid positions (up to 30-40 hours per week).
The internship is based at our corporate headquarters in Denver, CO, but the majority, if not all, of the work will be remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. There may be some limited opportunity for meeting Newmont employees in person, depending on the COVID-19 situation in the summer of 2021.
As an intern, you will be responsible for legal research and other projects as assigned by the supervising attorney or staff members, and you will support the day-to-day activities of the Legal Department. The exact projects will be established according to your availability, skills, experience, and specific business needs.
In this role you will
Possible projects may include:
• Research and writing with respect to various legal issues, which may include issues pertaining to employment/human resources, business ethics, compliance, contracts, environmental, land, privacy, legal holds, COVID-19, corporate disclosure and structure, and other issues relevant to the business.
• Research, analysis, and analytics regarding inclusion and diversity projects within the Legal department.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work; other work may also be assigned.
Your training skills and experience checklist
• Successfully completed at least one full year of law school in Colorado.
• Experience in mining and/or passion to learn about the hard-rock mining industry preferred
• Strong organization, project and time management skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong research and writing skills; an unedited writing sample must be provided
• Spanish or French language ability preferred but not required
• GPA of at least 3.0 or equivalent preferred
• References may be requested
• Valid work authorization to work in the United States for this position
With a strong focus on inclusion and diversity, we welcome all applicants who feel they are qualified for this role.
If this internship sounds interesting and you’d like to be considered for employment, please submit your application and resume online.
Working Conditions and location
This internship is based at our corporate headquarters in Denver, CO.
The hourly rate offered for this overtime-eligible role is $20 (Freshman) – $36 (PhD). The hourly rate is tied to the Colorado market for jobs performed in Colorado. The hourly rate offer will not be based on a candidate’s wage rate history at other jobs, and by law, Newmont will not seek information about wage rate history, and candidates should not share such information with Newmont. This role is not eligible for benefits except for as applicable by law.
ARBITRARY DEADLINE / APPLY ASAP