To provide professional legal services for the Law Offices of the Public Defender in representing juvenile and adult indigent clients in areas of litigation, appeal, counsel, research and analysis.
Public Defender (PA2)
- Attorneys at this level may handle a variety of cases, including misdemeanor, juvenile, youthful offender or appellate cases.
- May assist higher level Attorneys with complex cases.
- Advise and counsel clients regarding case strategy and possible outcomes.
- Work is performed under the direction, guidance and supervision from more experienced colleagues and supervisor/manager.
- Will conduct plea bargaining,when appropriate,with District Attorneys and other parties to establish agreements to resolve cases.
- Will attend seminars, training classes and review current professional literature to maintain and develop professional skills and knowledge.
- Drafts/reviews, proposes and prepares reports and legal documents.
- Performs related and other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.