This posting links to multiple positions in multiple NJ locations.
In the near future Gov. Murphy is expected to lift NJ’s eviction moratorium which is going to bring about a massive backlog of landlord-tenant cases. To prepare NJ Courts is hiring at least 47 legal specialists across the state (full list below) to handle the estimated 100k – 200k filings.
See article describing the situation here: https://www.law.com/njlawjournal/2021/04/22/looming-crisis-nj-courts-brace-for-impact-of-194000-eviction-cases-by-next-year/?slreturn=20210403151706
* The positions will be one year terms, potentially two.
* All hires will have the opportunity to go through mediation training.
* Positions will mostly be remote, but there could be days where they are asked to come into their respective office.
* Will be assigned to a specific Vicinage (County Courthouse), but depending on workload could assist other Vicinages.
* Does not have to be a recent graduate. Applicants would just need a law degree.
Candidates can use this link to access the various openings across the state and APPLY: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/njjudiciary?keywords=landlord%20tenant
Each Vicinage/County has their own application, so candidates would have to apply to multiple openings. Please do not direct applicants to the law clerk portal. This is completely separate. Any questions feel free to direct them to me.
Vicinage list and Legal Specialist openings per County:
– Atlantic/Cape May 2
– Bergen 3
– Burlington 2
– Camden 4
– Essex 6
– Hudson 5
– Mercer 3
– Middlesex 4
– Monmouth 2
– Morris/Sussex 2
– Passaic 4
– Union 3
– Somerset/Hunterdon Warren 2
– Ocean 2
– Cumberland/Gloucester Salem 3
– State 47
ARBITRARY DEADLINE / APPLY ASAP