The Minnesota Disability Law Center (MDLC), an extension of Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (MMLA), is seeking a full-time, temporary advocate to work in our Duluth or Mankato office. This six-month position may transition to a full-time, permanent position depending on passing a security clearance and grant funding. At this time, all or most activities will be done remotely. In the future, activities may be done in-person, with travel throughout Minnesota required. This position would start as soon as possible after the position is filled.
- Conduct onsite reviews of Social Security Administration (SSA) Representative Payees, including review of financial documents, development of corrective action plans when necessary, and referrals to outside agencies
- Monitor the living conditions of beneficiaries to prevent, detect, and address instances of abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation
- Perform onsite monitoring reviews of facilities
- SSA data entry and submission of reports
- Collaborate with others regarding ongoing reviews
- Frequent travel, sometimes overnight, throughout Minnesota
- Apply the principles of MMLA’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Government security clearance is a requirement for this position
- Knowledge in or experience with conducting investigations, such as those performed by law enforcement, social workers, regulators, or other types of investigators
- Direct experience with or general knowledge of services and issues affecting individuals with disabilities
- Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and/or the Minnesota Human Rights Act
- Ability to review and understand financial documents
- Access to reliable transportation, as statewide travel is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Diverse economic, social, or cultural experiences preferred
SALARY: $35,346 to $37,441 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume and cover letter at www.mylegalaid.org/employment by April 16th, 2021, or until position is filled. Please indicate that you are applying for the MDLC Representative Payee Advocate position in your cover letter and specify which office location – Duluth or Mankato – you prefer.
No calls please.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.