Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid (Legal Aid) is seeking a full-time supervising attorney for its Minneapolis office as part of its family law unit. Legal Aid’s family law unit provides legal representation in family law matters in which custody is at issue, with an emphasis on achieving safety for victims of abuse and obtaining child support orders in those cases. This position will start as soon as possible after an offer is extended.
- Apply the principles of Legal Aid’s Racial Justice Values Statement in all interactions
- Supervise two family law staff attorneys and consult with community clinic attorneys as needed when they work on family law cases
- Advise and provide full representation to clients in a variety of family law matters
- Assist with community outreach and education on family law issues as needed
- Engage with the Legal Services Advocacy Project (LSAP) to advise on legislative issues related to family law and their impact on our client communities
- Must be licensed to practice law in Minnesota or eligible for reciprocity
- Must have at least five years of experience practicing family law
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the needs of people with low incomes and other vulnerable clients
- Commitment to working as a team member to serve clients’ needs
- Ability to mentor attorneys and staff to achieve excellent representation of clients
- Excellent analytical and written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office required
- Experience supervising legal work preferred
- Legal training, knowledge of community resources, and experience with case management software preferred
- Language proficiency, particularly in Arabic, Hmong, Oromo, Somali, or Spanish, preferred
- Diverse economic, social, and cultural experiences preferred
SALARY: $66,101 to $78,103 per year, depending on experience, plus benefits
APPLICATIONS: Submit resume, cover letter expressing interest in the position, and three job-related references online at https://mylegalaid.org/employment by October 13th, 2021, or until position is filled.
If you require a reasonable accommodation for completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in our employee selection process, please contact Jolene Chestnut at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all other inquiries to email@example.com.
Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.