2021-2022 Michael Best Apprenticeship Program
Job ID: 1218
Position: Law Clerk
Location: Denver, CO
Practice Area: Corporate
Open Date: Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Job Function: Legal
Job Description: Michael Best is currently accepting applications for the 2021-2022 Michael Best Apprenticeship Program in our Denver, CO office.
What We Offer: Michael Best is a thriving and energetic place to work. A key success factor has been the recruitment of talented and diverse individuals whose ideas drive the Firm forward. Our Program Apprentices are assigned similar projects and assignments to our Associates and will receive:
- Challenging work assignments in our Corporate and Emerging Business “VentureBest” practice groups
- Active mentoring
- Formal goal-setting and evaluations
- A generous hourly payrate
- Academic credit for law school, if desired and approved by Legal Externship Office
- Opportunity to take ownership of your projects
- Networking events and social activities designed to get to know colleagues throughout the firm
- Opportunity to work directly with clients in fields such as renewable energy, diversity and inclusion, technology transformation, blockchain, and venture capital.
With mentorship from our highly skilled attorneys, we will help you to further develop your practical knowledge, drafting acumen, and become well-versed in the latest legal trends. You will be assigned an expert Corporate or VentureBest attorney to guide you, help you set goals, and ensure you have access to all of the tools necessary to be successful and benefit from your time spent at Michael Best. Throughout the program, your mentor will meet with you to conduct a formal performance appraisal and provide feedback.
What We Look For: Our ideal candidate must have a strong interest in the emerging business and venture capital space, value an environment where everyone is treated with mutual support and respect, and be a self-starter who possesses the ability to work independently and as part of team. The goal of the program is to give law students the experience and training in Michael Best practice areas while giving the student direct exposure to what it is like working as an attorney at Michael Best.
We are most interested in high caliber, talented individuals with a passion for entrepreneurship who are interested in our Corporate and VentureBest practice groups.
• Candidates will be enrolled for 2021-2022 school year as a 2L/3L-PT or 3L/4L-PT student in an ABA accredited law school
• Passionate about corporate law and venture capital. Prior startup experience a plus, but not required
• Strong academic credentials
• Superior verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
• Excellent legal analysis skills
• Available to work 10-20 hours per week during school year
• Valid authorization to work in the U.S.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Please submit a cover letter, resume and unofficial law school and undergraduate transcript.
• A generous hourly pay rate ($20-25 per hour, depending on experience)
• Additional opportunity for Academic Credit, if desired and approved by the Legal Externship Office
We are not accepting search firm submissions at this time.
Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Michael Best Strategies LLC, and Michael Best Consulting LLC (collectively known as “Michael Best”) are steadfastly committed to providing equal employment opportunity and maintaining a workplace for employees and applicants for employment that is free from discrimination based upon age, race, religion, color, disability, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, veteran or military status, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact our Recruiting team at 414.225.4999 or email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.