JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting the managing attorney with supervising and managing the daily operations of a program Law Office and overseeing its operations as a partner in the justice community within the service area.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
• Juris doctorate from a certified law school.
• Oklahoma Bar membership or eligibility to take and pass next Oklahoma Bar examination.
• 3 years’ experience as a practicing attorney preferred.
• Management experience preferred.
• Previous poverty and/or immigration law experience preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) strongly preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Some variance may be present due to differences in office and staffing size.
• Embrace and support LASO’s overall mission, standards, policies and procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
• Generally oversee the office staff by managing, guiding, mentoring, training, disciplining and supervising to ensure program and office policies and procedures are properly followed and adhered to.
• Audit staff time records to ensure compliance with LASO policy and grant requirements.
• Supervise the provision of assistance by office advocates, oversee the case acceptance and assignment process, and monitor caseloads to ensure that quality services are provided and that all grant requirements and ethical considerations are being followed.
• Maintain an appropriate caseload.