The Manager of Litigation Performance is responsible for overseeing the legal department as well as managing a nationwide network of attorneys. This person is also responsible for managing several individuals and ensuring the company and its vendors remain fully compliant with all relevant rules and regulations.
· Oversee the day to day operations of the legal department
· Oversee legal referral program to local counsel
· Manage a nationwide network of local counsel law firms
· Prepare and conduct annual audits of all local counsel firms
· Monitor the legal network by performing due diligence/winddown and ensuring that nonperforming firms are replaced with top performing firms
· Vet potential local counsel firms to add to the legal network and/or replace firms as warranted
· Conduct a daily review of the status of all legal files
· Respond to routine legal questions and draft correspondence, contracts and settlement agreements
· Negotiate local counsel agreements in conjunction with COO
· Oversee and assist local counsel with all disputed litigation matters – respond to discovery requests
· Address all internal and external compliance issues and conduct required local counsel audits
· Work directly with firm clients – managing legal needs and maintaining client relations
· Negotiate client agreements and statements of work
· Review internal financial reports with accounting and ensure company maintains its budget
· Escalate issues timely to senior management
· Prepare, review and update as necessary all company BOPs and SOPs
· Onboarding new clients
· Attending monthly client calls
· Elite written and oral communication skills
· Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint skills.
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills.
· Knowledge of federal, state and local collection laws and regulations
· Flexible and open to change in a high volume fast paced environment.
· Ability to analyze, interpret and report results, trends and outcomes.
· High degree of professional ethics and integrity
· Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization, with vendors and local counsel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· General legal and business knowledge to support one or more practice areas
· Prior in-house experience preferred but not required
· Experience with FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, GLBA, TILA, RESPA, and HIPAA
· J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school and admission to practice law in at least one state (Colorado Bar admission is preferred)
· Must be a member in good standing of at least one state bar (admission to multiple states is a plus)
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
LCS Financial Services Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage as well as life insurance and disability after 30-days of employment. We also have a generous time off policy that includes vacation, sick and personal time.
The candidate’s employment will be contingent upon successfully completing a criminal background check (including providing fingerprints), a credit check, drug screen and both employment and education history verification checks.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
ARBITRARY DEADLINE / APPLY ASAP