Part-Time Product Legal Assistant, Integrated Disability and Absence Management
– Remote; Hours are flexible and can include evening work. Firm anticipates on average 20 hours a week and could turn into more, especially over the summer.
– Apply with Resume and cover letter. Part of the interview process will include a writing sample, but that’s not needed just to apply. Send materials to Megan Holstein: Megan.Holstein@FINEOS.com
This position will support FINEOS’s in-market integrated absence and claims product management team, providing support around legal research, marketing, and internal product administration.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND CORE COMPETENCIES:
• Provide legal research to support product management activities, including but not limited to:
◦ Researching certain specifics or queries around leave law plan compliance
◦ Providing background research to support webinars, conferences, and written articles
◦ Provide background research to support product managers presenting information for customer calls or customer forums
• Provide support in creating draft PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, Visio workflows or other documents used by product managers to present information they use in customer and internal meetings, customer and market forums, webinars, and conference presentations
• Provide assistance to FINEOS product attorneys in supplying comments to government regulators to proposed regulations or proposed guidance
• Provide administrative support by entering information into or retrieving information from FINEOS’s JIRA system, SharePoint, or other internal support tools
• Provide administrative support to product managers to assist in scheduling customer calls, webinars, or other group meetings or events
• Other duties as determined by the needs of the business, which may include legal research around other employment laws to support U.S. Human Resources and as requested by FINEOS’s attorneys
The position duties will be able to be fulfilled from the person’s home office or otherwise remotely.
• Experience or interest in employment law
• Experience with, or education in, employee benefits, particularly leave of absence is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to learn new industries and markets
• College degree from accredited university
• Paralegal certification or current student at an ABA-accredited law school
• Must be an experienced user with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom
• Must be computer literate and comfortable using software applications; and willingness and ability to learn new technology (e.g., Visio, JIRA, SharePoint)
FINEOS is an equal opportunities employer
ARBITRARY DEADLINE / APPLY ASAP