Costa Mesa – 2L Commercial Litigation / Labor & Employment Summer Associate for 2022 (#667)
Dorsey’s Costa Mesa office is seeking 2L students who are interested in working in our Trial/Commercial Litigation and Labor & Employment groups who have strong interpersonal skills; ambition; and diverse perspectives, experiences and interests for the 2022 summer associate program.
During the summer program, you will:
– Work on challenging client matters, acquiring substantive work opportunities from the Trial and Labor & Employment departments and working closely with attorneys practicing in that area;
– Hone your legal writing skills;
– Represent pro bono clients;
– Have the opportunity to attend client meetings, depositions, closings, and court appearances;
– Receive formal feedback and mentoring;
– Participate in numerous seminars and training events hosted by Dorsey U, our in-house professional development group; and
– Establish meaningful relationships with your summer associate colleagues and Dorsey attorneys through professional opportunities, networking, and a variety of social events.
We prefer students with a record of strong academic achievement and law review, journal, or moot court experience.
How to Apply
Dorsey & Whitney LLP accepts online applications at http://www.dorsey.com/careers/law-students. We do not accept application materials by mail or email except for a reasonable accommodation for qualified disabled applicants. Individuals who are unable to use our online process due to a disability should call 612-492-5119.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the positions will remain open until filled.
The following application materials are required to be considered for this position:
– Cover Letter
– Writing Sample
Dorsey values the strength that comes from a diverse and inclusive work environment. It contributes to the success of our people and our clients and enriches our experience. We believe that everyone should feel at home and part of our community. One of our greatest strengths is a friendly, cooperative culture that values and appreciates each individual. Dorsey has received external recognition for our welcoming workplace, including:
– Mansfield Rule Plus Certification (Diversity Lab)
– Best Law Firms for Women (National Association of Female Executives and Flex-Time Lawyers)
– 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign)
– Gold Standard Certification (Women in Law Empowerment Forum)
– Top 100 Adoption-Friendly Workplace (Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption)
Dorsey & Whitney LLP is an EEO/AAP/Disabled Vets Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally-protected status.
Dorsey participates in E-Verify.