Position: Program Attorney
Reports to: Reports directly to the CBA-CLE Program Director
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000, based on experience
Employment Type: Full-time
* A cover letter and three professional references must be included with resume for consideration; thank you!
Job Location: Currently this position is a hybrid position, requiring in-person work (1290 Broadway, Suite 1700, Denver, CO 80203) two to three days a week (on average), with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of the week. Some evenings, weekends, and regional travel are required.
Summary of Job Duties: CBA-CLE (the non-profit, educational arm of the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations) is hiring an enthusiastic Program Attorney to plan, design, organize, and carry out continuing legal education programs.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Research program ideas and develop top-quality CLE programs in various practice areas
2. Work with planning committees to create curriculums, plan agendas, find faculty, write course descriptions, and assist with networking events
3. Coordinate with team members on program marketing, sponsorship, AV/technology, and logistics
4. Take a leadership role in running and monitoring programs
5. Maintain and grow strong relationships with faculty members, CBA Sections and Committees, and the legal community
6. Provide ongoing all-hands support for team-wide projects
7. Report to Program Director on program development, execution, and efficacy
8. Exercise your creativity to educate, serve, and better our legal community
A JD degree from an accredited law school
A minimum of 4 years’ legal experience
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to exercise professional demeanor and a high level of customer service
Ability to engage and support volunteers
Ability to negotiate and manage the needs of different stakeholders
Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented, fast-paced environment
Established technology skills – proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (365 preferred) and Zoom
Experience with teaching or curriculum development for adult learners
Experience with virtual learning
Experience in programming and/or project management
Experience with virtual event platforms
Medical Insurance: 100% employee covered with family/children option;
Dental Insurance: Self‐pay at group rates;
Vision: $225 of vision expenses reimbursed annually;
Group Life Insurance: employee coverage of $50,000;
Group Long‐Term Disability Insurance: employee coverage up to $5,000 per month;
Paid Time Off: 15 days/year to start, 20 days/year after three years and 25 days/year after 10 years;
12 paid holidays per year;
Retirement Plan 403(b): Annual 6.5% contribution (of employee’s salary) by the employer after one year of employment, 7.5 % after the second year, and 8.5% after the third and subsequent years, if employee contributes at least 1% of the employee’s salary.
Transportation/IT allowance – $225 quarterly
Working Environment: Office work environment.
Physical Activities: This position will spend most of the time in an office setting, which will require mostly sitting. Requires the ability to lift at least 20 pounds. CBA-CLE is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to any protected class, including age, sex, race, color, veteran status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. It is our policy to promote a non-discriminatory environment, free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon protected classes.