Job Title: Law Clerk
The Law Clerk is an entry level support position providing legal research and
assistance for attorneys.
– Prepare legal drafts by organizing information for legal forms and documents, including complaints,
declarations, discovery requests, responses and other pleadings.
– Conducts legal and other research by studying laws, statutes, constitutions, regulations, court opinions, including precedents and reasoning, and trends using standard print texts and computers; preparing legal memoranda.
– Assembles case materials by collecting, organizing, and summarizing information, documents, reports and evidence.
– Protects law firm’s reputation by keeping client information confidential.
– Prepare litigation documents, file litigation docs.
– Reviews medical records for relatedness to case and additional injuries and pre-existing conditions,
provides summaries for attorney.
– Draft, send and follow up on Demands.
Represent attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following up on delegated
assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
– Required to account for and bill all time worked to each client file via Needles time keeping tabs.
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Quick learner
– Ability to both take instruction and work independently
– Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
– Exceptionally strong writing and legal citation skills
– Communication Proficiency
– Technical Capacity
– Proficient with MS Office, Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook and Needles Case Management.
– Solution oriented
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, printers, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This is a part or full-time position, shifts available during business hours Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening work may be required as job duties demand.
This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this Job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Full and Part time positions available
Pay rate is based on experience but generally in the $20-$22 per hour range
Application Deadline 12/15/21 (We will consider all applicants, even if submitted after the deadline)
Class level: 2nd and 3rd year students
Required application materials: Resume, Cover Letter and writing sample
Submit to: Mindi Merritt firstname.lastname@example.org
ARBITRARY DEADLINE / APPLY ASAP