Skip the billable hours rat race and build a career in the title insurance industry with a growing company poised to disrupt the industry!
In-house counsel specializing in compliance and risk management for a dynamic, forward thinking, growing regional title insurance underwriter. This position reports directly to the President and serves as the legal counsel and lead administrator for compliance, regulatory relations and will also have opportunities to learn other aspects of the title insurance industry including title insurance underwriting, claims management and related legal research.
Essential Job Functions
· Ensure regulatory compliance companywide (6 active states and 13 more coming online soon)
· Prepare and submit regulatory filings
· Point person for regulators across the company’s geographic footprint.
· Participate in Regulatory working groups
· Monitor regulatory and legislative changes, advise management and Board on policy and procedure changes to meet evolving regulatory environment
· Provide research and counsel of compliance related matters such as agent oversight, market conduct and financial records.
· Make recommendations for underwriting and business practices improvements and/or remedial action;
· Monitoring compliance with laws, regulations, standards and various rulings from governmental agencies.
· Skilled legal researcher and writer
· Creative thinker and problem solver
· Ability to research and analyze issues and procedures.
· Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
· Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with regulators, title agents and co-workers.
· Ability to think conceptually, analyze data, draw conclusions and write reports.
· Desire and ability to develop and grow skills and responsibilities
· Licensed Attorney with experience or interest in the real estate, title insurance and compliance fields
· Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word and Excel.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills; mentoring; leadership and team orientation
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Duties are performed in an office environment with sitting for long periods of time, utilizing standard office equipment and personal computer. Occasional travel may be required, but would be less than 10% of the time. The position will be based in Denver, CO. Some remote work can be accommodated, but the candidate needs to be able to work at the office as required.