alliantgroup’s Tax Controversy Services team has defended clients in more than 500 state and federal audits and in tax-related litigation, often sustaining a large percentage of the claims. We serve clients in numerous industries including manufacturing, aerospace, architecture/engineering, electrical contracting, software, life sciences, chemical, brewing, apparel, and agriculture.
As an Associate Attorney, you will defend small and mid-size companies against the IRS and taxing authorities. This is a great opportunity to utilize your litigation background in a client focused environment as well as gain a specific, highly valued skill set.
- Evaluate evidence, develop realistic evaluations of cases and position our clients to prevail
- Develop, evaluate and implement defense strategies and represent clients in all IRS and state taxing audits and examinations
- Gather, review and analyze all required documentation and prepare primary responses to IRS requests
- Draft and prepare information for presentation to the IRS and State Taxing Authorities
- Serve as the main point of contact between clients and taxing authority and provide exceptional client service
- 1+ years litigation experience moot court or mock trial experience and/or significant deposition experience required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Collaborative, self-motivated, competitive, and highly professional
- 15%-25% travel required