Join the CDO and upper-level students via Zoom for information on the services’ offered by the Career Development Office (“CDO”), as well as tips and resources to help you self-assess and network within the legal community. We will explain how you can start building your professional brand and making connections that will serve you well in law school and beyond. Earn required CPDR credit by attending! Once you have RSVPed, a Zoom link will be sent to you shortly before the event. If you cannot find the link and it is within 10 minutes of the event, please email email@example.com.
The first step in choosing your initial law school job and ultimately your legal career path is EXPLORATION:
- What factors should you consider; what are your priorities and goals?
- How can you start to reflect your strengths and interests (the best YOU) in your resume and LinkedIn profile?
- With whom and how should you connect to learn more about potential areas of interest and make a good first impression?
- How do you handle a 1×1 informational meeting with an attorney (virtual or in-person), what questions should you ask, and how do you follow-up?
- What can you do in fall semester and 1L year to help you find your first summer experience?
Zoom now has a capability that allows for live transcription. To use this feature, click on “Live Transcript” and then “Show Subtitle”.
*Please note this program may be recorded and saved for future password-protected use.
To request an accommodation (such as closed captioning) or for other inquiries about accessibility, please contact Zeeshan Reshamwala, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your request no later than 48 hours prior to the event. (Note: without adequate notice before the event, we may not be able to provide the reasonable accommodations requested.)