Join us for a unique opportunity to
gain the insiders’ perspectives on the
judicial nominating process.
Whether you are thinking about applying to the bench
next month or in years to come, this program will
give you the tools to succeed!
Colorado needs more women and people of diverse backgrounds on the bench!
Click here to read a blog post by Hetal Doshi and Emma Garrison.
Join us for a highly informative session to prepare you to not just
“get benched” but to “storm the bench” in a big way!
Be Prepared To Storm The Bench!
Date & Time
- Wednesday, October 13, 2021
- 8:30am – Noon
1401 Lawrence Street, Suite 2300, Denver
Judicial Diversity Outreach, Court Administrator’s Office of the Colorado Judicial Department
Interactive Breakout Sessions (Attendees choose 5 of 7)
- Preparing To Apply and Application Process – Chief Judge Susan Blanco (8th JD), Judge Kristan Wheeler (County Court, 1st JD), Judge Nikea Bland (District Court, 2nd JD)
- Federal Bench – Magistrate Judge Kato Crews and Judge Regina Rodriguez (U.S. District Court, District of Colorado), Lori Potter (2021 Federal District Court Advisory Committee)
- Judicial Nominating Commissions (JNCs) – Laura Martinez (1st JD JNC), Courtenay Patterson (20th JD JNC)
- Denver County Court – Judge Reneé Goble & Kristin Bronson (Denver City Attorney)
- The Short List (Endorsements and Interviewing with the Governor’s Office) – Judge Christina Gomez (Colorado Court of Appeals), Jacki Cooper Melmed and Jenna Goldstein (Governor’s Office), and Amy Petri Beard (CWBA Judicial Committee Co-Chair)
- Magistrates – Chief Judge Michelle Amico and Magistrate Echo Ryan (18th JD)
- Municipal Judgeships – Judge Corin Flannigan (Lakewood), Judge Kathryn Kurtz (Arvada), and Judge Dana Spade (Aurora)
REGISTRATION LIMITED TO 50 PEOPLE TO ALLOW FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING SEATING CAPACITIES
- $35 for CWBA & Diversity Bar Members
- $49 for Guests/Non-members
- Free for the first five law student members who register.
– Breakfast included | Approved for Two General CLE credits
WE CARE ABOUT YOUR SAFETY
All registrants must review our COVID-19 health and safety protocols and sign a COVID-19 release form.