REDISTRICTING , RACE, AND REPRESENTATION
- Monday, July 12, 2021
- 9:00 A.M. EST to 3:00 P.M EST (7am Mountain Time to 1pm Mountain
The 2020 Census has concluded, and the process of redistricting at the
congressional, state, and local levels has begun. NAACP is offering a
FREE day of training on redistricting.
Scheduled panelists include lawyers and senior staff from: CensusChannel
LLC; The Law Offices of Carroll Rhodes; Lawyers’ Committee for Civil
Rights Under Law; NAACP Connecticut State Conference; NAACP Legal
Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.; NAACP Texas State Conference;
Southern Coalition for Social Justice; Texas Southern University; and
Yale Law School.
Educational session will include:
- Redistricting 101: The Basics of Redistricting
- Drawing Lines to Protect One Person — One Vote
- Litigating Claims Under Section 2 of the Voting Rights Act
- The Future of Redistricting
This program is OPEN TO EVERYONE.
You do NOT need to be a lawyer to attend, but lawyers may receive up to
FIVE (5) CLE CREDITS.
REGISTER at https://naacpepi.tfaforms.net/forms/view/18.