OCI (On-Campus Interviews) Summer Deadlines & Events
The Fall 2019 OCI Session is available for students to review and submit applications (“Bidding”) in the Symplicity/OCI Tab (DU Law Careers Online). We currently have OVER 50 registered employers, including firms (big and smaller), companies, non-traditional law practice firms, and some public sector (including DA and CO Attorney General). Many of these positions are for NEXT summer (2020) and many of the employers only hire through this process. Some of these positions are for next school year, starting in the fall.
Deadline to submit OCI applications is JULY 16, 11:59 pm MT.
OCIs begin the week of AUGUST 5.
See ATTACHED FALL 2019 OCI FAQs & TIMELINE for Important OCI Deadlines/Dates/Events.
- To see the employers with positions applicable for your class year, you must change your profile in the My Account section (“Academic Information”) to reflect your status for next school year (Ex: If you just completed your 1L year, change your profile to 2L). You may need to save the change, log out, and log back in to see the employers/positions correctly. Once updated and logged in, go to the OCI Tab and select Fall 2019 Session from the drop-down to see the list of employers. Click the Review button to the left of each to view the posting and more information about each.
- We are continuing to update various employers’ OCI postings over the next couple of weeks with additional information, so keep checking before the application deadline (July 16) for updated info before you apply. New employers will also be added, so watch for those. A few employers are doing “Resume Collect” only, and will contact selected students directing (instead of doing an OCI).
- You should NOT begin to submit applications/apply online yet. Wait until you have all your materials ready, with updated GPA/Class Rank on Resume Note: Class Rank is anticipated from the Registrar by July 8. You should, however, begin to review the employers’ postings and work on drafts of your materials now.
- Email your materials (updated resume and draft cover letters) to CDO for review by July 9, to allow for turnaround time.
- See OCI Prep “To-Do” List below. More details on application logistics and interview prep coming soon!
OCI EMPLOYER EXPO: Tuesday, July 23, 5:00-6:30 pm, Law School Forum
Come meet many of the OCI employers, before they make their interview decisions. (Every year after the Expo, various employers make requests for us to add someone to their interview list who impressed them!) More details coming in July closer to the date! No RSVP needed for students to attend!
MOCK INTERVIEW DAY: Thursday, August 1
Sign up for a 30-minute mock interview to prepare for OCI. Sessions are 8:00-10:00 am and 4:00-6:00 pm. Students may participate in Mock Interviews whether or not they are participating in OCI. Link here
OCI PREP “To Do” List:
- Watch the VIDEOS of our two spring workshop/programs on Preparing for OCI: Ready Set Go (Student panel) and OCI Employer Panel. Link here
- Start researching the participating employers through their websites, LinkedIn, and www.nalpdirectory.com (for NALP member firms).
- Reach out and talk to upper level students, recent grads, and other contacts at these employers to make connections pre-OCI and learn more about the employers.
- Update your RESUME to add your summer position with descriptive bullets of work/projects and updates from the school year; add GPA/Class Rank when available. Start working on drafts of COVER LETTERS (tailored to each employer). See our CDO Handbook here for tips and examples on both.
- Schedule an appointment with CDO for help with all of the above and to discuss participating in OCI.
- Email updated resume and draft cover letters to CDO for review by July 9, to allow for turnaround time
- Mark your calendar with all OCI dates/deadlines/events and plan to attend!
If you have questions about participating in OCI or about specific employers, please reach out. While OCI is a great way to apply to these employers, it is not the only way to find a job. We are happy to assist you in whatever direction your job search and interests take you!