The City of Chicago Department of Law is seeking applications for volunteer law clerks for Summer 2019.
All volunteer law clerk programs are designed to provide law students, law graduates, and lawyers with a challenging clerkship that reflects the demands and rewards of public service, as well as a realistic picture of what it is like to practice law for one of the largest government law firms in the country.
Summer Law Clerk Program
- Law students volunteer full-time for a minimum of 10 weeks with a flexible start date and end date during the summer months
- Students may obtain academic credit or grant funding through their schools or elsewhere
- Law clerks participate in the Summer Law Clerk Program lecture series
- Law clerks are invited to behind-the-scenes tours of City Departments
- Law clerks have opportunities to meet with City Department officials officials and members of the State, Federal, and Appellate Judiciary
- Non-paid positions
- Utilize Illinois Supreme Court Rule 711 License, if applicable
- Application by e-mail to DOL.Application@cityofchicago.org
- Save and send all attachments in one pdf document in this order:
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
- AARDC printout if applicable
- Late or incomplete applications, or applications with extra materials, will not be considered.
- Applicants should identify 3 Division preferences. For Division descriptions, and examples of the type of work you’d perform for each Division, see the City of Chicago Department of Law Employer ViewBook, here
- City residency is not required for volunteers
Applications Accepted from January 1 to March 1
This position is # 18387 on Symplicity.