FALL 2018 OCI SESSION II is now OPEN for Applications in Symplicity. These are additional PRIVATE and PUBLIC sector employers who want to conduct On-Campus Interviews this fall. Check it out and note the INDIVIDUAL DEADLINES for applying to each employer in their posting. More employers are expected to register, so check back often. Below are instruction reminders for applying to OCI and to Session II specifically.
INSTRUCTIONS For Applying to OCI Fall 2018 Session II:
- Log in to Symplicity at https://law-denver-csm.symplicity.com. (NOTE: “Bidding” = Applying). Make sure you have updated your “Academic Information” in Symplicity to reflect your class year for the 2018-19 academic year. You must manually make this change in the “My Account” section.
- Click on “OCI” and then choose the Fall 2018 OCI Session II from the drop-down panel. The list of employers for your class year will appear. To view additional information about an employer and the position they have posted, click on the “Review” button to the left of the employer listing.
- When you are ready to apply, CONVERT ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS TO PDF VERSIONS BEFORE YOU UPLOAD them into Symplicity – Resume, cover letters, transcript, writing sample and references. Upload them in the “Documents” section. From the “Documents” tab, click on “Add New,” name the document (unique, identifiable name for each), choose the document type (i.e., “Resume”), select the document you wish to upload, then click on “Submit.” It is important to upload all documents in advance, otherwise Symplicity will not allow you to bid/apply for interviews. Just as with cover letters, you may upload more than one resume (as you may have different resumes tailored to different positions). LABEL CAREFULLY!
- Instructions on Preparing Unofficial Transcript: An unofficial transcript will suffice unless the employer has specifically requested an official transcript. (For instructions on how to obtain your official transcript, if needed, click here.
- Log in to PioneerWeb at https://pioneerweb.du.eduand select the Student Tab
- On the far right, under Records/Requests select View Unofficial Web
- Select Transcript Level (you may use all levels if you wish) and select Web Unofficial, the click Submit
- This page should be Saved as a PDF or Print to Adobe PDF (depending on your browser) and saved to your computer
- In Symplicity, upload this saved document as the type ‘Transcript’
- Note: Symplicity only allows users to have one Transcript at any given time. If you already have a transcript and want to upload a more recent version, you will need to replace the file in the current version
- Submit your Bids/Applications: To submit a bid, click the “Review” button to the left of the employer’s name. From the employer’s page, select from the drop-down menu the documents (e.g., resume, cover letter, etc.) requested. Be sure you select the correctly named document for that employer. Once all of your requested documents are uploaded, click on the “Apply” button.
- Editing documents after you have submitted your bids: You may make changes to your bids (substitute a different resume, cover letter) up until the deadline to apply. After that, materials will be sent to Employers. If you edit any of your documents and upload them in the “Documents” area, make sure you also upload the new documents in your applications.
- Check Symplicity for Interview Selections! Employers will “Pre-select” those they want to interview. If you have been selected to interview with an employer, you will see “Pre-select” next to the employer’s name.