Welcome back 3L students!
There are upcoming opportunities to apply for public service jobs this fall.
While the majority of post-graduate positions are secured closer to graduation (or afterward), there are some positions in the public sector that have earlier application periods. There are several time sensitive opportunities that you should be aware of, including the opportunities listed below.
The CDO is available to help you with job search strategy and applications throughout the year! Schedule an appointment through Symplicity, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by stopping in our Suite, 223. You can check out the bios for our counselors here. We look forward to working with you!
Equal Justice Works Fellowship
- Do you want to craft your own project for the public good and get paid to complete it? Then this fellowship is for you! This application requires a lot of preparation and is due on September 21, 2018, so if you are interested email Elise Logemann (email@example.com) or Professor Alexi Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP to get assistance! Click here for more info.
Attorney General Fellowship
- The Colorado Office of the Attorney General is hiring 2019 graduates for a fellowship to begin in October 2019. The fellowship is for one year with a salary and benefits. Applications are due on November 16, 2018. For more information click here.
- Fellowships are an opportunity to work for a fixed time period—usually 1-2 years—in the public service sector. They can be prestigious additions to your resume and give you the opportunity to work for an organization that would not otherwise be able to hire you, giving you valuable experience in your chosen field. Many fellowships have deadlines this fall, so if you are interested email Elise Logemann (email@example.com) or Professor Alexi Freeman (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP to get assistance! You can search for fellowships on PSJD.org. Also watch our career blog for fellowship opportunities.
Public Defender Applications
- The Colorado Public Defender will start accepting applications on September 4, 2018. Applying early is recommended. Schedule an appointment with the CDO to prepare your application and watch for more information here.
- Many federal jobs have earlier deadlines. Watch for federal jobs at usajobs.gov.
- The Department of Justice Honors program has a deadline of September 4, 2018. For more information on the DOJ honors program, click here.
- The Presidential Management Fellows Program application will be posted on USA Jobs and is typically due in October or November. For more information on that program click here.
- The Government Honors Handbook provides information and deadlines for federal post-graduate opportunities. Click here to access the handbook–email email@example.com for the password for Denver Law students.
- The Army JAG deadline is November 1.
- The Navy JAG fall deadline is October 12.
- The Airforce JAG deadlines are August 10 and October 10.