Welcome back 2Ls!
We know it’s early, but there are upcoming deadlines for some public interest summer positions.
There are many opportunities for your 2L spring and summer—and while the 2L search starts earlier than the 1L summer search, there is still time to think about what you want to do. We encourage you to meet with the CDO by October to get a sense of your job search strategy. The externship office is a terrific resource as well.
That being said, there are several time sensitive opportunities that you should be aware of, including those listed below.
Your public service team is here to help with your summer job search! Schedule an appointment with Elise Logemann, Andrea Montague, or Judy Stein in the CDO through Symplicity, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by stopping in our Suite, 223. You can check out the bios for our counselors here. For externship questions, contact Professor Alexi Freeman at email@example.com.
There will be opportunities to apply for summer funding for public service 2L summer positions. Meet with us for more information.
We look forward to working with you! Now for those deadlines:
Equal Justice Works Job Fair
- The Equal Justice Works (EJW) job fair, held annually in Washington D.C., is an incredible opportunity to meet and interview with public interest employers across the country. There are many employers interviewing for summer positions.
- The CDO has limited funding to assist you in attending this fair—contact Elise Logemann (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
- Applications for interviews are due on September 14th!
- The fair is on October 26 and 27, 2018.
- Click here for more information
DU/CU Public Interest and Government Career Fair
- This job fair will be held in Boulder on November 8, 2018. Mark your calendar!
- As a 2L, you can interview with many Colorado public service employers! Applications will be due in September or early October. Watch your email and our blog for deadlines.
Public Defender positions
- Applications for paid summer internships with the Colorado Public Defender will be accepted from August 15-October 5, 2018. Click here for more information.
- Applications for the Department of Justice’s Summer Law Intern Program are due by September 4, 2018. Click here for more information.
- If you are interested in clerkship, we recommend you start planning for the application process now—applications should be submitted during your 2L year. Come in for a clerkship appointment with a member of our clerkship team! Schedule a meeting with Kristi Lush, Andrea Montague, Judy Stein, Elise Logemann, or Eric Bono, through Symplicity, by emailing email@example.com, or by stopping in our Suite, 223.
On Campus Interviews
- There are some public interest employer interviewing on campus through the OCI process this fall, including Navy JAG, the Colorado Attorney General Consumer Protection division, and the Office of Administrative Courts. For information on how to apply click here.