The OCI process can be summarized in 4 phases:
- Bidding (Applying)
- On-campus (1st round) Interviews
- Call-back (2nd round) Interviews
Below you will find important details/instructions about the Bidding Phase (i.e., the application phase).
1. Log in to Symplicity at https://law-denver-csm.symplicity.com.
2. Make sure you updated your “Academic Information” in Symplicity to reflect your class year for the 2018-19 academic year. You must manually make this change in the “My Account” section as Symplicity does not automatically change your year in school after you complete each year.
3. View the OCI employers.
In Symplicity, click on “OCI” and then choose the session you are interested in viewing from the drop-down panel (the session should be “Fall 2018 OCI”). A list of registered employers for the session should appear, and that list contains employers who are interviewing students in your class year (i.e., a 2L’s list will be different from a 3L’s list because many OCI employers do not interview 3Ls). To view additional information about an employer and the position they have posted, click on the “Review” button to the left of the employer listing.
4. Upload all required documents into Symplicity.
Most employers have requested a resume, cover letter, transcript, and writing sample. Once you have created these documents, you will need to upload them into Symplicity in the “Documents” section. From the “Documents” tab, click on “Add New,” name the document (unique, identifiable name for each), choose the document type (i.e., “Resume”), select the document you wish to upload, then click on “Submit.” It is important to upload all documents in advance, otherwise Symplicity will not allow you to bid for interviews. Just as with cover letters, you may upload more than one resume (as you may have different resumes tailored to different positions).
5. Instructions on Preparing Unofficial Transcript
An unofficial transcript will suffice unless the employer has specifically requested an official transcript. (For instructions on how to obtain your official transcript, if needed, click here.)
- Log in to PioneerWeb at https://pioneerweb.du.eduand select the Student Tab
- On the far right, under Records/Requests select View Unofficial Web
- Select Transcript Level (you may use all levels if you wish) and select Web Unofficial, the click Submit
- This page should be Saved as a PDF or Print to Adobe PDF (depending on your browser) and saved to your computer
- In Symplicity, upload this saved document as the type ‘Transcript’
- Note: Symplicity only allows users to have one Transcript at any given time. If you already have a transcript and want to upload a more recent version, you will need to replace the file in the current version
6. Submit your bids.
To submit a bid, click the “Review” button to the left of the employer’s name. From the employer’s page, select from the drop-down menu the documents (e.g., resume, cover letter, etc.) requested. Be sure you select the correctly named document for that employer. Once all of your requested documents are uploaded, click on the “Apply” button.
7. Editing documents after you have submitted your bids.
You may make changes to your bids up until 11:59 p.m. on July 16, 2018. Employers will not have access to your applications until after the July 16 deadline, so there is no advantage to bidding early. If you edit any of your documents and upload them in the “Documents” area, make sure you also upload the new documents in your applications.
8. Attend the OCI Expo on Tuesday, July 24, from 5-6:30 p.m. in the Forum.
You will have an opportunity to meet many of the participating employers at the OCI Expo before the employers make their final decisions on interview selections for first-round interviews. We highly recommend you attend this important event. Employers will have their own tables and representatives will be on hand to meet you and answer questions. Business/Interview attire is REQUIRED.
9. Start checking Symplicity for Interview Selections/Invitations!
Employers will have access to your applications and begin to make their “Pre-select” decisions anytime after July 20. Most wait until after the Expo to make their selections. “Pre-select” is Symplicity’s term for students who have been offered a first-round, on-campus interview. If you have been selected to interview with an employer, you will see “Pre-select” next to the employer’s name.
Stay tuned for information about the remaining phases of OCI. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact Gayle Keahey or your assigned counselor in the CDO.