Are you wondering how to make the most of your 1L clerkship this summer working at a firm or in-house? Are you looking to meet more private sector employers? If so, please join the Colorado Pledge to Diversity, a non-profit organization consisting of law firms, in-house legal departments and other participating constituents in the Colorado legal community, for a panel discussion on how to crush it in your 1L summer clerkship, followed by a reception hosted by Perkins Coie on Friday, May 18, 2018 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. This event is open to all students, and is not exclusive to those who are enrolled in the pledge program. Please RSVP here to attend: https://email.perkinscoie.com/9/423/landing-pages/rsvp-(blank).asp?sid=1ad23deb-2e44-44c1-a29d-8134f72e2bcd
The panel will discuss a number of topics including:
- What to expect as a law clerk.
- How to go about getting work assignments.
- Appropriate dress attire and tips on interacting with others.
- How to get feedback from supervising attorneys and ask questions.
- What makes a successful law clerk and what not to do.
- Exploring unconscious bias: within the corporate setting and as a millennial student.
- How an in-house legal department differs from a law firm.
This event will give you the information needed to succeed in your summer clerkship, and will provide great networking opportunities. Panelists include:
Amanda Tessar, Perkins Coie
Hiwot Covell, Sheridan Ross
John McHugh, Reilly Pozner
Desmonne Bennett, Bryan Cave
Kim Martin, Otten Johnson
Julie Stencel, Xcel Energy
Patrick O’Rourke, University of Colorado
Moderator: Lily Ramirez, McElroy, Deutsch, Mulvaney, & Carpenter