Deadline: September 18, 2017 (Position could be filled before so if interested, apply asap!)
We are seeking a Management Intern for a fast-paced, challenging opportunity with a wide breadth of tasks and responsibilities. We are a start-up medical device company developing a breakthrough medical procedure. We project commercialization in Q1 2018. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with successful entrepreneurs in the medical device space.
The successful candidate will demonstrate tremendous skills and tenacity in executing delegated tasks completely and with polished professionalism. This candidate will exhibit a strong intellect to quickly grasp the basics of the complexities inherent in the medical device industry, including technical details and clinical application of the device and market entry challenges including regulatory clearance and Intellectual Property challenges. The successful candidate must also possess the refinement required to professionally interact with a world-class team of clinicians, product development team and investors.
We anticipate in-office working hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM ideally, but we will be flexible for the right candidate. We also anticipate that, on occasion, the Management Intern may be required to complete tasks at times other than, or in addition to the days and hours listed above. A complete scope of work will be developed with the successful Management Intern candidate, however the following are examples of the Key Deliverables, which span the gamut from mundane to critical value items:
• Develop verifiable and defensible market size statistics;
• Research potential competitive technology (medical device, pharma, genetics);
• Assist with a physician ROI model and an ASP Sensitivity analysis;
• Translate patent data into product compliance checklist, identify potential infringers, and document how a competitive product may potentially infringe a licensed patent.
Data coordination and visualization:
• Verify and enter clinical trial data;
• Optimize visualization of data to enhance interpretation;
• Coordinate dissemination of data to key stakeholders.
• Communication with key constituents on behalf of CEO;
• Optimization of communication and activities via enhanced IT application and support;
• Coordinate travel accommodations (i.e.: flights, hotels, etc.).
• A student with an intellectual property background may have opportunities to work with the company and its outside counsel on intellectual property matters.
The successful Management Intern will have:
• An undergraduate degree and will be pursuing an advanced degree in Business, Engineering, Law or the Sciences;
• A demonstrated track record of success in a high energy environment with very high expectations on work-product deliverables;
• Strong collaborative skills, since they will work hand-in-glove with the company’s executive management team;
• Strong analytical skills capable of withstanding detailed scrutiny;
• Outstanding project management skills;
• Strong written and oral English skills, and a polished refinement required to professionally interact with a world-class team.
CDO Note: Students with a genuine interest may reach out to Dean Bono for more information firstname.lastname@example.org.
CDO ID #15463