Hello recent Denver Law grads,
Do you have an entrepreneurial streak and a desire to practice business and law simultaneously? If so, check out this paid post-grad internship (minimum of 6 months) based in Highlands Ranch. The internship has the possibility of turning into a fulltime job and is suitable for recent Denver Law grads, even those of you studying for this month’s bar exam!
The job appears to be especially suitable for joint MBA/JD grads, JDs who earned a Corporate and Commercial Law Certificate, and JDs with undergraduate degrees in business or engineering, and seems to include a mix of business law, intellectual property/patent law, and regulatory compliance law.
This paid internship is not posted in Symplicity and requires applicants to apply through DU’s Pioneer Careers Online (PCO – the jobs database used by Daniels Business School and DU’s undergraduate career center). To get access to PCO to apply for this job, or for any other questions about this unique opportunity, please contact Career Consultant John McKee at email@example.com.
Duration: 6 months.
Location: 1745 Shea Center Drive, Highlands Ranch, CO 80129
We are seeking a Management Intern for a fast-paced, challenging opportunity with a
wide breadth of tasks and responsibilities. We are a start-up medical device company
developing a breakthrough medical procedure. We project commercialization in Q1
2018. This is a unique opportunity to work directly with successful entrepreneurs in the
medical device space.
The successful candidate will demonstrate tremendous skills and tenacity in executing
delegated tasks completely and with polished professionalism. This candidate will
exhibit a strong intellect to quickly grasp the basics of the complexities inherent in the
medical device industry, including technical details and clinical application of the device
and market entry challenges including regulatory clearance and Intellectual Property
challenges. The successful candidate must also possess the refinement required to
professionally interact with a world-class team of clinicians, product development team
We anticipate in-office working hours on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 1:00 PM
to 5:00 PM ideally, but we will be flexible for the right candidate. We also anticipate that,
on occasion, the Management Intern may be required to complete tasks at times other
than, or in addition to the days and hours listed above. A complete scope of work will
be developed with the successful Management Intern candidate, however the following
are examples of the Key Deliverables, which span the gamut from mundane to critical
• Develop verifiable and defensible market size statistics;
• Research potential competitive technology (medical device, pharma, genetics);
• Assist with a physician ROI model and an ASP Sensitivity analysis;
• Translate patent data into product compliance checklist, identify potential
infringers, and document how a competitive product may potentially infringe a
Data coordination and visualization:
• Verify and enter clinical trial data;
• Optimize visualization of data to enhance interpretation;
• Coordinate dissemination of data to key stakeholders.
• Communication with key constituents on behalf of CEO;
• Optimization of communication and activities via enhanced IT application and
• Coordinate travel accommodations (i.e.: flights, hotels, etc.).
The successful Management Intern will have:
• An undergraduate degree and will be pursuing an advanced degree in Business,
Engineering, Law or the Sciences;
• A demonstrated track record of success in a high energy environment with very
high expectations on work-product deliverables;
• Strong collaborative skills, since they will work hand-in-glove with the company’s
executive management team;
• Strong analytical skills capable of withstanding detailed scrutiny;
• Outstanding project management skills;
• Strong written and oral English skills, and a polished refinement required to
professionally interact with a world-class team.