Interested in an in-house position in a start-up environment in downtown Denver? Check out the position below with JLT Specialty Insurance Services. JLT’s parent company is a well-established company based in Great Britain and they are in the process of expanding into the American market. Thus, this position offers the unusual opportunity to work in-house in an environment with a start-up feel to it, with the security of a multinational company behind it. Check out the posting below and apply through Symplicity (Job ID #14844)!
The CDO has additional background information on this position, so if you would like further information to assist you with your application, be sure to reach out to one of the CDO team!
Deadline: May 12, 2017
|Title:||In-house Staff Attorney|
|Company:||JLT Specialty Insurance Services Inc.|
|Reports to:||Chief Legal Officer/GC|
JLT Specialty Insurance Services, Inc.:
JLT Specialty Insurance Serivces is the U.S. platform for the world’s largest specialty insurance broker, JLT Group. We are uniquely focused in the U.S. on industry specialties of aerospace, construction, energy, entertainment and hospitality, private equity, real estate, and technology. We are also focused on the product specialties of environmental liability, D&O, E&O, cyber liability, transactional liability, and credit political, and security risks.
Our culture reinforces the value of our people with teamwork and collaboration. We provide our people with the freedom to act as creatively as they think analytically, by challenging conventions, creating new analytical insights, and exploring new boundaries to deliver solutions for each client’s unique business and risks. We work together to create value for our clients and enable a rewarding and challenging environment that attracts and develops the best talent in the industry.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Negotiating, writing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of the company
- Working alongside CLO and other business product and practice leaders within the company
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues in insurance and brokerage that could impact the company
- Reviewing documentation including advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements
- Providing training to the company on legal, compliance and HR topics
Compliance Monitoring and Training:
- Assist with the drafting of policies and training procedures for compliance with general legal standards of the jurisdictions in which the company does business, including code of business conduct and ethics; ethics and compliance training; competition, antitrust and trade regulation; corruption and bribery prevention; privacy and data protection; corporate governance, including company secretarial matters, corporate existence and reporting and subsidiary maintenance; regulatory requirements related to professional requirements and credentials and professional standards of practice; trademark, copyright and patent protection; infringement matters; financial and insurance services regulatory compliance; conflicts of interest; and anti-money laundering and OFAC compliance
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctor from an accredited law school
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws important; SEC, SOX, and international experience a plus
- Strong customer orientation focus and success in creating a superior customer experience
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to solve practical problems or resolve issues in a timely manner
- Membership in a state Bar as an attorney qualified to practice law (If a new graduate, this requirement must be met within six months of hire.)
The company reserves the right to add to or revise job duties at any time at its sole discretion. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.