The Colorado Lawyers Committee, a nonpartisan consortium of more than 65 Colorado law firms, offers a full-time, unpaid summer internship for a law student interested in working for a pro bono advocacy organization in Denver, Colorado. This internship offers a unique opportunity to work with a variety of lawyers on high impact, pro bono matters and to gain insight into all aspects of the pro bono legal community in Colorado, primarily in Denver. Colorado Lawyers Committee staff and other volunteer attorneys will provide legal supervision, training and support. Dates of the internship are 10-12 weeks during the summer of 2017. For additional information about the Colorado Lawyers Committee and current projects, please visit our website at: www.coloradolawyerscommittee.org
- Attend all task force meetings with Colorado Lawyers Committee staff and volunteer lawyers working on pro bono matters that impact children and the underprivileged.
- Conduct research (some legal) to support the work of the task forces and other Colorado Lawyers Committee projects.
- Attend presentations to law firms and other organizations interested in learning more about Colorado Lawyers Committee activities.
- Attend monthly Denver Legal Night Clinics at Mi Casa Resource Center for Women and Centro San Juan Diego, where attorneys provide legal resource information and referrals to under-served individuals.
- Provide administrative support related to the operation of a nonprofit organization, including assisting with preparations for the Annual Awards Luncheon and Board and Executive Committee meetings, tracking and documenting volunteer contributions, updating the volunteer database and editing the quarterly newsletter.
- Attend meetings, receptions and other events in Denver’s legal and nonprofit community, as scheduled throughout the summer.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
One or two years of law school.
Send a cover letter, resume and 2 references to Kathleen McCrohan, Associate Director, Colorado Lawyers Committee, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information, please call Kathleen McCrohan at 303-866-0275.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 24, 2017