Become a Fellow with the Office of the Attorney General
Through the Fellowship Program, new attorneys enrich their legal experience, broaden their exposure to the public sector, and assume substantial individual responsibility for their work. In addition to exposure to state agencies, Fellows may become integral members of trial teams. They also receive training and supervision in particular practice areas to enhance proficiency and develop skills while in the program.
The Colorado Attorney General’s Office fills these positions through a competitive application process. Successful candidates should demonstrate: interest in public service; history of academic achievement; participation in law journals and law school competitions; legal, professional, or personal experience related to the mission of the Office of the Colorado Attorney General; and participation in extracurricular activities.
The Colorado Attorney General’s Office seeks applications for its Fellowship Program from:
- Law students in their final year at an accredited law school scheduled to graduate in 2017; and
- Current, full-time judicial law clerks who received their J.D. prior to 2017.
The Fellowship Program begins October 2017. All individuals invited to participate must commit to a one-year term and must take the Colorado bar exam no later than July 2017. The annual salary is $50,000. Note: Bar passage is required to join the program in October 2017.
Applicants must submit the following required materials and all materials are to be received no later than November 18, 2016. Selected candidates will be invited for interviews.
A complete application package is comprised of the following items:
- One-page statement or cover letter explaining both your commitment to public interest law and the sections you are interested in working with while at the Colorado Attorney General’s Office;
- OFFICIAL law school transcript (can be sent via e-mail) and current cumulative GPA;
- Contact information for three professional references;
- Resume; and,
- Unedited writing sample (6-page limit, please)