Have you ever wondered what a typical day is like for an associate at a law firm? Come hear about life as a law firm associate from a group of new and experienced attorneys who will share what a “typical” day is like at their firm, how they got started in their careers, and answer questions from law students. This event will be held on 9/27 at noon in Room 412
The structure of the program will be interactive/round table format consisting of 8 attorneys at a variety of law firms (large, medium, small/solo), and the idea is to provide the students with a glimpse of what a “typical” day for a new attorney looks like at that firm. Initially, we will start with the panelists introducing themselves and their law firms. Following introductions, the panelists will each oversee one table and students will have an opportunity to meet with the attorneys at each table for 10 minutes (4 rotations). Around 12:45 pm students will have an opportunity to network more intimately with the panelists. We will have questions for the panelists to use to guide the table discussions, but we hope the conversations develop organically.
Given the interactive nature of this program, spots are limited. Please RSVP here by Friday September 23, 2016.
Confirmed panelists include:
- Mary Will, Partner at Faegre Baker Daniels, LLP
- Breann Plasters, Associate at Senter Goldfarb & Rice
- Rachel Jennings, Associate at White and Steele, P.C.
- Trey Eckloff, Associate at Wood, Smith, Henning & Berman LLP
- Justin Cohen, Associate at Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck
- Patricia Thwaites, Associate at Kutak Rock LLP
- Rosie Rizk, Associate at Cox Baker & Page, LLC
- Frances Yi, Associate at Dorsey & Whitney LLP
CPD Credit is available for all 1Ls in attendance!
Lunch will be provided!