Deadline: September 15, 2016
Access Immigration, a boutique Boulder law firm, seeks to hire a part-time or full-time, English/Spanish bilingual law clerk. The firm handles mostly family-based immigrant visa petitions and removal-defense cases, as well as some employment-based petitions. We strive to maintain a collegial and efficient work environment while providing exceptional service and high-quality legal representation to our clients.
The law clerk will work under the direct supervision of a licensed attorney but should expect to independently develop goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish his or her work. Candidates should be prepared to work efficiently under pressure and continue to exhibit precision and accuracy despite short deadlines and/or potentially serious consequences of an error.
The minimum education required is successful completion of the first year of law school and current enrollment in an accredited JD program. Completion of at least two years of law school is preferred. Physical demands of this job include sitting for up to eight hours per day, with breaks, reading at close distance, performing repetitive tasks such as typing, and lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Legal research and drafting
• Drafting and review of client and witness statements
• Communication with government agencies and completion of government forms
• Case file organization and maintenance
• Record-keeping, time tracking, and scheduling to ensure clear communication, accurate invoicing, and compliance with deadlines
• Administrative tasks, as necessary to support the overall success of the firm
• Required – comfort with the following office tools and technology
o Tools: Windows computer, printer, photocopier, scanner, office phone
o Tech: Microsoft Office 2013 or higher, Cloud-based applications
• Preferred – proficiency with the above and comfort with following technology
o Google services (email, calendar, drive, voice)
o Adobe Acrobat Standard or Pro
CDO ID #13539