In addition to Denver Law CDO resources, NALP publishes helpful online resources to assist law students participating in OCI. The National Association of Law Placement (NALP) is the American legal industry’s professional organization for hiring. NALP publishes helpful guidelines for law students about how to handle recruiting if you are successful in obtaining interviews and offers.
See this page for info on timing of offers and acceptances and student professionalism: http://www.nalp.org/studentprofessionalism
Below are a few of the questions law students most often ask about these ethical standards. These answers provide you with a quick guide to the essentials of navigating the fall interviewing season with professionalism.
- What are the NALP timing guidelines and why are they important?
- What are the best practices for communication with employers?
- When, exactly, do I have to respond to offers?
- Do NALP’s timing guidelines ever allow employers to require my decision sooner?
- How many offers can I consider at once?
- What if I need more time to decide?
- What if the employer I am interviewing with is not a NALP member or is not abiding by the NALP guidelines
How can I learn more?