The Denver District Attorney’s Office County Court Division is welcoming applications for the fall semester of 2016. The County Court division in the Denver D.A.’s Office handles 12,000 cases every year- a giant feat that cannot happen without capable, well-rounded, competent legal interns to assist. These 12,000 cases range from traffic offenses to misdemeanors, including domestic violence assaults, child abuse and sexual offenses. On the whole, we serve a widely diverse community of both victims and defendants. This semester we are making a pointed effort to recruit and retain candidates whose background, education, and work experience has prepared them to serve members of marginalized populations with dignity and respect.
Students qualified for this position will embody the following:
* 3rd year law student (60 completed credits)
* Eligibility to practice under the Student Practice Act
* Completed or planned coursework in Evidence and Criminal Procedure
* Commitment to public service work
* Availability to work at least two full days per week
* Educational and employment history that demonstrates success in working with diverse populations
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment
* Commitment to treating all individuals, defendants and victims alike, with dignity and respect
Please see website for application forms and specific application requirements (http://www.denverda.org/da_programs/intern_volunteer_opportunities/internship_legal.htm). Additionally, all applications should be sent to Lisa Durbano at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lisa Durbano can also be contacted at 720-913-9181 with further inquiries as to the application process.