Jobs for Recent Graduates Interested in Accounting and Tax
The Small Business/Self-Employed Division of IRS is offering recent graduates jobs as part of a new IRS program in several locations around the country. Earn $32,318 – $75,567 per year while you learn and gain valuable hands-on work experience in a world class Accounting and Tax environment! Upon program completion – and with your successful work performance – you may be converted into a full-time career position as an Internal Revenue Agent.
The IRS has positions available for Accounting recent college graduates in (multiple locations) and other locations nationwide to start in September 2016.
If accepted into the Pathways Recent Graduate Program, you will:
- Work full-time for a year and receive training.
- Upon successful program completion, you may be converted or promoted to a career position.
Our program provides you with training and experience designed to develop you for a career as an IRS Revenue Agent. Internal Revenue Agents conduct on-site examinations of various types of federal tax returns to determine correct federal tax liabilities and/or conduct examinations relating to compliance with technical requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Code.
To learn more about the day in the life of a Revenue Agent, please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjhdFBgh0Nc
- Interest in pursuing a career in federal tax administration and desire to serve taxpayers
- S. citizenship and have graduated within the last 2 years (some veterans have up to 6 years)
- Bachelor’s Degree with 24 semester hours (36 quarter hours) of accounting (including advanced accounting, cost accounting and auditing) and 6 semester hours (9 quarter hours) of business courses
If interested, send email to: email@example.com to receive a direct link to complete an online application. Application period is from June 6 – June 13, 2016. You will be instructed to first register as a user. You must complete an online application and submit your resume and transcripts.
If you need assistance with the online application process, please contact the “IRS Jobs on-line Help Desk” at 1-866-743-5748. Select option 1, then option 3. Assistance is available M-F, 7am – 7 pm Eastern time). For questions or more information please reach out to the Agency Contact listed in the announcement.
The Internal Revenue Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer